What a nice way to wake up! I’ve been given the The Versatile Blogger Award, so I humbly accept, and many thanks to Ukate! As it’s my first time receiving it, I’ll do my best to live up to everyone’s expectations. But Kate? Your write-up of the nominations and the blurbs about them… I don’t think I can quite live up to your beautiful descriptions. : )
In order to accept the award, each of these blogs must complete the following steps:
a. Write a post accepting the award and show the award’s image.
b. List seven random, quirky facts about yourself – things that probably haven’t already come up in your blog posts.
c. Pass the award on to 5-15 other blogs, ones that you already follow or for which you solicit invitations.
And so… good grief, seven quirky facts about myself? Oh, wait, I can use random facts, too. Hey, I know I’m weird, but I can’t think of anything nearly quirky enough.
1. I was born in New York State, raised in South Carolina, and then spent five years in Pennsylvania. For any Aussies reading this, that means I was born up north (where it’s COLD and SNOWY in the winter), grew up in the South (where it’s HOT and HUMID in the summer), and then went back to the snow for five years.
2. I took piano and violin lessons (but I hated practicing and piano recitals) for ten years, but I don’t play violin anymore. I taught myself to play guitar, when I was 19 or 20.
3. One of my favorite things to do is use super glue to fix broken ceramic figurines and things like that. Yeah, my family doesn’t get it, either, but my mom still saves the broken stuff for when I get home.
4. Though, I grew up in SC, I went to Bible camp in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan (that’s right next to Canada) for many years. See if you can figure that out.
5. When I was little, my parents thought I would grow up to be a cruise director. I’ve now been on a cruise, and I know that ain’t ever gonna happen.
6. I’ve only “played” golf once, when I was five. According to the audio tape, I claimed that I won. However, I really wouldn’t mind trying it again someday, if I get the chance.
7. I won the school spelling bee, when I was in 6th grade. The following year, I didn’t get beyond the class contest, because I misunderstood the word “tourniquet”. I’ve never been able to forgive myself for not asking the definition, because from the way our teacher pronounced it, we thought she was talking about a distant relative of a “tunicate”.
Ok, so the next part is that I have to nominate some other blogs, so here goes…
My nominations for The Versatile Blogger Award are:
1. Freckles & Fickle Take Over the World, by juliesaysyay. I love reading about her adventures as a mom of two, and her hilarious take on life.
2. Taking the Road Less Traveled, by Jennifer. An American family living in Australia. What else can I say? I can empathize with so many things she writes about, as we’re both living in the land Down Under.
3. Enjoying the Journey, by Jennifer Marie. A fellow traveler and photographer, I enjoy seeing and hearing about the places she visits.
4. Butterfingers for Breakfast, by Brooke. Another mom, sharing her adventures with her two boys, and I like reading both her quirky (consider the candy corn) and her serious posts. And I’m very glad she’s back from hiatus, now that her move across country is complete!
5. In Other Words and Pictures, by Roberta. Last, but not least, my first blogging buddy, who almost always has a kind word to share and some encouragement to give. With lovely pictures and an ever-changing backdrop, she takes us on her excursions, and I do enjoy the ride.
I don’t feel like I’ve done any of them justice, but I hope you’ll check them out, and see for yourself. Again, many thanks to Ukate! Ok, it’s somebody else’s turn, now.